A late post yesterday. An early post today. Crazy, sorry. But if I don’t post now (6am), it ain’t happenin’ today. Do you ever have those days? Those weeks? Months?
Before I get into the funny stuff, I hosted a three-part series this week about how to get non-verbal communication into your writing. (Wow, that sounded way more official than it actually was.) A bunch of my writing friends, Sharon, Tricia, Cassie, Sarah, and my dad, shared their thoughts on the subject. So if you’re into writing at all, you should check out the posts here. It was awesome!
Okay. On to Friday Funnies.
Here’s a small sampling of things that made me giggle this week:
1) Walking into the family room Tuesday and seeing SANTA on the Biggest Loser. I’m not sure why this one entertained me so much, but all I could think was, What is this world coming to? Now Santa has to lose weight? One too many plates of cookies I guess. Obviously it wasn’t really Santa, but seriously, I think someone on that show has a great sense of humor to put Roy on the red team. It was awesome!!!
Hey Santa–er, Roy–I’ll still give you cookies!
2) When my daughter’s friend called the “Hunger Games” the “Hungry Games.”
3) I had one of those mom-days this week where I could either pull out my hair or pull out the camera. So this little series (again with that word?) is something that I call:
SIGNS THAT I HAVE FIVE CHILDREN subtitled: Why I write.
These pictures were taken over the space of twenty minutes.
My favorite lamp. It’s twin doesn’t look much better.
Bathroom sink running. No child in sight.
Our ‘well-loved’ hymnbook. Only two of the five kids can even play out of this hymnbook, so I’m not sure why this poor thing is already trashed.
This might be a little hard to see, but these six rocks have been freshly spray-painted by my three youngest darlings. In my front yard. By my front door. Where everyone walks. You see, the three youngest are HUGE Michigan State fans, hence the green and white. The ironic thing is that because it is January 1) the grass won’t be growing (or cut) anytime soon, and 2) weather-wise, this has been the strangest winter ever in MI, which means we don’t have a single flake of snow to cover up this lovely paint job that every single person coming to our house will pass. Man, I love my kids. Go Spartans!
Shoes by the front door (where I tell my kids not to leave their shoes). Note: not all these shoes belong to my children, but are their any neighbor kids at my house? Nope. I love it! And yes, kids in our neighborhood run around outside without shoes all the time, even in winter. My kids especially. I’m sure my kids’ shoes are sitting in some house somewhere, too. disclaimer: our shoes are never this organized. When my oldest daughter has friends coming over who are not familiar with our family, she gets in an organizing kick, trying to make us appear as normal as possible. Assuming they’ve missed the spray-painted polka-dotted grass ten feet ago, I’m sure an organized pile of shoes will fool them.
4) My poor cat. She’ll never learn. She just can’t resist chasing the cursor on the screen. Even as I’m typing this post, I’m trying to see around her paw. Maybe one of these days she’ll get lucky and finally catch that little ‘mouse.’ (I’m hoping that even though this makes me laugh, this doesn’t make me a ‘Cat Lady.’)
5) The last thing that made me laugh this week was the video my kids and some friends made entirely on their own. They filmed it on one of the few days we actually had snow. This might explain the previous pictures, actually.
I still can’t figure out what the Bob Marley hat had to do with anything. Or the afro. 🙂
What about you? Anything make you laugh this week? If not, you had a really lousy week. 🙂 related posts: Friday Funnies: Friday the 13th